Saturday, August 13, 2011

Michele Bachmann wins Ames, Ron Paul a close second

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_Straw_Poll#Summary_of_results

It's very interesting to see these candidates do so well here. Bachmann and Paul are both severe fiscal conservatives along the lines of the Tea Party movement, with Bachmann helping found the Tea Party Caucus and Ron Paul holding his libertarian ideals.

I personally am rather happy to see them both do so well, even if Bachmann is far from my favorite politician. It'll be interesting to see how well they do against Rick Perry and Mitt Romney. The real loser here, though, IMO, is Tim Pawlenty. Frankly, I was a Minnesotan while he was governor (I'm back to Michigan now), and he really wasn't good for Minnesota, and I doubt he'd be good for the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment